Thursday 4 April 2013

Welcome to the Peachy Keen Stitches blog!

My name is Emma and I'm the lady behind the blog, etsy shop, etc. If this looks a little familiar, it may be because it is! In 2009, I had started Peachy Keen Felt Pins on etsy (and facebook fan page) and it was a lot of fun.

Between 2009 and 2013, a lot of things happened in my life. I graduated university, moved in with my boyfriend/fiance/husband, upgraded jobs from minimum wage to a professional setting, moved from city to rural again and got married! Phew! I took a long break there, but now I am ready to get back into it and do my thing. 

I've always dabbled in tactile crafts. I'm one of those touchy-feely crafters that walk into the fabric store and walk through the aisles of bolts with arms outstretched to feel the textures. :) I just recently got into quilting, and cross-stitch/embroidery are definitely my main-stays that never really fade out. Quilting may just become one of those "regulars" so look out for escapades in pattern play there!

My previous incarnation of Peachy Keen focused soley on working with felt and embroidering to make pins and buttons, but I felt that in this reboot, the title including "Stitches" covers much more of what I am capable of and interested in creating! Just stitched images and fun things I like to make. Isn't that the bottom line for all craft-based sellers out there?

Well, I look forward to this venture and hope you all do too! Should be a hoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment